National expert

Provincial civil servants have the opportunity to be seconded to the European Commission. As a so-called ‘national expert’ they can be employed in one of the Directorates General of the Commission for two or three years. For those interested in such a position, you must receive internal approval prior to application as the own provincial organisation must see to continuing wage payment. In addition, the national expert receives a daily allowance for working within a European institution. The first step in the application procedure is to submit your CV in European format to the Dutch Permanent Representation to the EU. Applications submitted directly to the European Commission will not be taken into consideration.

For more information on the internal procedure please contact Rob van Eijkeren, co-ordinator of the House of the Dutch Provinces in Brussels. For more information on applying for national expert positions please contact the Dutch Permanent Representation to the EU.

Current vacancies