Tim Slierings works as a representative for the Province of Flevoland in Brussels as part of the team responsible for European Funding programmes and projects in Flevoland. His activities consist of:
1) Identifying and advising on the European funding programs, such as Horizon Europe,
LIFE, CEF, Digital Europe, I3, Interreg B/C, EU Innovation Fund, Erasmus+
2) Matching Flevoland projects with European funding programmes
3) Promoting Flevoland projects within European networks
4) Positioning and guiding potential applicants with setting up and submitting proposals for
EU funding programmes
5) Monitor European policy relevant for the development of projects in the Province of Flevoland
Tim Slierings has been working at the House of the Dutch Provinces in Brussels since September 2015, where he represents the interests of the Province of Flevoland together with colleague Sidony Venema. He started as a Trainee at the Randstad Region, after which he worked as a Representative for the Randstad Region for several months. From November 2016 to March 2022, he worked as an EU representative for the Province of Flevoland in several working groups of the House of the Dutch provinces advocating policy interests on topics as the future of cohesion policy (including CPR, ERDF, ESF+ and Interreg), regional economy (including the Urban Agenda) and mobility (including TEN-T and AFIR).
Tim obtained his Master’s degree in European Policy at the University of Amsterdam in 2016. In addition, he has completed studies in Urban and Regional Planning and European Studies at the University.
2020 – present Senior Project leader Flevoland projects and European funding programmes , Brussels
2016 – 2020 EU Representative Province of Flevoland, Brussels
2015 – 2016 Trainee and Representative Randstad Regions, Brussels
2013 – 2016 EU customer representative Merck Chemicals, Amsterdam
T. +31 (0)6 27 11 37 42