#EURegionsWeek 2023: HNP/ITEM Side Event on Sustainable Mobility | 27 September 2023
What is the impact of increased sustainability of the infrastructure and mobility on European level and how does it affect cross-border regions? On the 27th of September 2023, the Huis van de Nederlandse Provincies (HNP) and the ITEM/Institute for Transnational and Euregional cross-border cooperation and Mobility (ITEM) warmly welcome you to attend this third annual, official side event of the European Week of Cities and Regions (EURegionsWeek) 2023 and participate in the debate.
On September 27th, 2023, you are welcome to attend the official #EURegionsWeek Side Event of the House of the Dutch Provinces (HNP) and the Institute for Transnational and Euregional cross border cooperation and Mobility (ITEM). What is the impact of increased sustainability of the infrastructure and mobility on European level and how does it affect cross-border regions? What do the new European frameworks mean for cross border rail transport, pipe transports and inland shipping? What implication does it specifically have for hubs or logistics barriers?
Welcome and introduction by Arthur van Dijk, HNP-President and the King’s Commissioner in the Province of Noord-Holland, and Anouk Bollen, Director of ITEM. Moderator is Simone van Trier.
Panel I How to use the lessons learned from strategic projects on sustainable transport infrastructure?
- Markus Bangen, CEO at Duisburger Hafen, Duisburg – Germany
- Turi Fiorito, Director of European Federation of Inland Ports (EFIP)
- Hans de Meij, Projectlead at North-Sea Port
Panel II: How can young people contribute to the future of sustainable transport and mobility in Europe?
- Robert-Jan van der Zwaag, Chair of Jong RDW (Netherlands Vehicle Authority)
- Guy Dumoulin and Jenna van Roovert, students participating in the PREMIUM Project: ITEM, on cross-border public transport at Maastricht University
Panel III: How to tackle cross-border practical barriers regarding rail, pipelines, ports & inland shipping?
- Karin De Schepper, Director of Inland Navigation Europe (INE)
- Lieselot Marinus, EU Advisor at the Port of Antwerp-Bruges
- Herald Ruijters, Acting Deputy Director-General of DG MOVE at the European Commission
- Martin Unfried, Senior Researcher at ITEM
Panel IV: How to fasten the transition towards sustainability on a cross-border level with focus on Dutch, German and Benelux experiences?
- Viktor Haase, State Secretary at the Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Transport for the State of North Rhine Westfalia
- Frans Weekers, Secretary General at the Benelux Union
- Arthur van Dijk, President of the HNP and former President of the Dutch Association for Transport and Logistics (TLN)
The event will be closed with a reflection on strengthening the infrastructure and mobility between the Belgian, the German and the Dutch partners.
The event will take place on 27 September 2023, from 13:00 – 15:00 via a livestream. You can register through this form. We are looking forward to welcome you!
This event in 2023 marks the third annual Side Event of the HNP and ITEM during the #EURegionsWeek, the annual European Week of Regions and Cities in Brussels.
Femke Boersma, House of the Dutch Provinces
Registratieformulier HNP/ITEM Side Event | 27 September 2023 – ITEM and HNP